8/06/2006

So, today was the "family picnic" for my dad's Army unit. It was held out at BLORA, and I wasn't expecting it to be too big of a hit....

I was driving through Ft. Hood for a good 30 minutes before I hit it, and I felt so bummed driving through the base. I like to think I'm not the type of person who lets her environment affect her mood, but wow, this place was DEAD (literally). All the grass, trees, and noise. It was like driving through a ghost town. So, of course I was being grumpy when my dad was giving my directions, and trying not to let him know by the sound of my voice. Eventually I got there, and all I could think about was how hot the sun felt against my skin. Yes, bad mood. Very big bad mood. But let me tell you... My dad hangs around some of the funniest guys in his platoon, and it was such a joy being around them. They actually had CLEAN jokes. Yes- ARMY guys!! It's pretty crazy. Plus, the fact that I got to be with my mom and dad really helped me out a lot. I am so thankful that we got to be together today. We ate some good bar-b-que and "chilled" (ironic word choice!). I spent almost the whole day with them and we shared many laughs. I love my family! :)

***totally different subject***

Earlier this week I had asked my friend, Lauren, to pray for me about an apartment ministry that God had laid on my heart. All summer long I have been struggling with whether or not God wanted me to continue my ministry out at Meadow Village (I had been so discouraged many times), but last Wednesday I felt so convicted to go against what I was feeling and continue working there. Needless to say I had decided to do it during the school year because I felt that God had been calling me to that. Well, I was going to tell Matt (the leader of this ministry) this morning at church, but he came up to me first. He told me that there was going to be no more of the Meadow Village ministry. I was in shock! Feeling very confused, I asked him why, and he said the new management was doubling the rent and we couldn't afford it anymore. :( So, at first I felt very confused as to why God had called me to that. Or if I had mistaken what He had been telling me? Later throughout the day it dawned on me that this could've been His test of obedience for me. Kind of like an Abraham and Isaac thing, you know? There have been times when I haven't been obedient, and I am so thankful that I was!

Please continue to be in prayer for the kids at Meadow Village apartments. This ministry has been there for many years past, and I don't know how this will affect them.

Blessings,
Krista Q.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!
Sorry I wasn't able to call you back today. I didn't realize that my phone had been in my car all day. Anyway, Dennis was home for a few hours and wanted it to be just us time :)
I guess you are leaving tomorrow?/ (Monday)
I am glad you had fun at the picnic..I wish Dennis could find good clean fun army guys like your Dad has. He is blessed!
That is interesting how the apartment ministry turned out! Never would have thought!
Love ya,
lauren