2/02/2007

Miss Quinn! :)

So I have started going to my "adopted mom's" 5th grade English classroom every Friday. It has been very insightful. :) Last week when I went, most of the kids just kind of stared at me and didn't really want to talk, with the exception of those sweet girls that smile and say, "You're pretty!" (now THAT makes my day). Well, today, when I walked in, all I head was "Miss Quinn" from a number of students. It sounded so great :) I never knew how affirming it would sound to me, but it was just like music to my ears. I had to stop and actually think, "I am going to be 'Miss Quinn' to SO many students in a couple years. That's crazy!

I'm really enjoying my classes. They have already proven to be challenging, but I'm enjoying the informaton that I am learning from them. It's just kind of neat to read for my homework, and then discuss it in class. Many students here always say, "Better you than me", but I really am enjoying it. Granted, I do have my days where I just feel overwhelmed, but those experiences are teaching me how to manage my time better. My hardest class yet has been General Linguistics. There are a lot of technical terms that I have to remember, but I can't say that it's not interesting. :)

Anyways, I'm going to read, drink tea, and listen to my Pride and Prejudice soundtrack. I am such a girl :)

2 comments:

lauren noel said...

Ms. Quinn! That IS kind of funny to think that that is the name people will start calling you! We are getting to be so adult. hehe. I'm glad you were squirrel watching today and tapped on the window to get my attention! How did your online quiz go tonight? Well, I will probably see you tomorrow....you know where to find me :D

Anonymous said...

Or Mrs._____
You never know! ;)