3/04/2007

Give Me a Break!

No, I don't mean that in a negative way ;) Latel, I haven't been spending my Saturday's in any other way but studying, but I gave myself a huge break yesterday and joined our college group for our "mystery road trip". I'm horrible at figuring out surprises... I knew that we would go to a ropes course- and that's just what we did! We all drove up to Georgetown and really bonded as a group, which is good because I can feel our comunity getting closer. Everyone in our group is really gettng to know eachother, and it's nice to have. It seems like it's so much harder to find in college when everyone is kind of "on their own road". I hope that I continue to have a good community once I graduate :)

Well, a couple years ago when I worked at Camp Buckner, I got certified for ropes course. I hope you can imagine me climbing up 30-40 ft. poles and setting up ropes course sets, tying knots, attaching harness', all of that. Well, whenever I worked at CB, I was absolutely terrified of the "Pamper Pole". I did it once, and that was it. I didn't want anymore of it. It was fun to brag about, but it was my least favorite. You had to climb to the tope of a pole, stand up on it and jump off. That's one of the hardest things to do because you are pretty much focusing on jumping/falling. On every other one, you are trying to avoid that.

Well, guess which set we did yesterday with our group? Yep. The Pamper Pole. My biggest fear. But I did it. I stayed on top of that pole deciding what I wanted to do for a good, long while. Everyone was saying encouraging words, and finally, I jumped off. The best part is when you're coming down- it's just something about the adrenaline, but I still can't believe that I was that scared. Golly :) Oh, and all of the girls did it, too. 2 of our guys didn't. Just goes to show.... haha just kidding!

1 comment:

lauren noel said...

that sounded like tons of fun! i think it's funny that you were ropes course certified. now you can do it wherever, whenever! meet me in the quad tomorrow by a tree? :) just kidding. see ya later!