6/27/2007

Question and Answer :)

What's new with me? Well, hmmmm...

I have enjoyed my day off, and am excited about another one tomorrow! I had a test in my History class today, but it wasn't bad at all. Then I tried to go to different bookstores to find a book of skits, with no success :( This is going to be really hard.

Stephanie- to answer your question about pageant. I can't believe I haven't told you!! Well, MHB has a pageant each year, and I will be representing the Student Foundations group on campus. Student Foundations is an organization that helps out with different events for the alumni. It's very fun to talk with them and hear their stories about their time at UMHB, too. :) Anyways, the pageant will be held in November, and I think there are about 25 girls that participate each year. We have a platform, talent, evening gown walk, and a private interview with judges. Before coming to UMHB, I remember seeing pictures of it, and thinking, "Wow that looks really neat, but I would never do it." When I was given the chance to participate, I hesitated, but decided to do it. It's going to be a long journey, but I am very excited about meeting all the other girls and seeing what God has in store. I know there will be a lot of growth, and I look forward to it. Oh, and guess what I've chosen for my talent? Mime! I even have a "mime coach"! Finding skits is the hard part though... :)

2 comments:

Lorin said...

Hi Krista,

This is Lorin Van Zandt... you posted an encouraging word on our missions website. We loved Guatemala and had an awesome time there working with the people. Let me know what you are thinking about doing!

Take care,

Lorin

lauren noel said...

hey krista! i just caught up reading your blog...i've been at camp with our youth group!! it was fun, but i'm glad to be back. i got your message--let's talk tomorrow! i know there's alot to talk about on both ends, probably :) well, at least there is here! can't wait.