2/05/2008

Keeping My Head Above Water

Sunday night, reality set in that I may have way too much on my plate. I've always secretly known that I have made myself a busy girl, but gee... it caught up with me. I was actually very scared of starting this week primarily because I had added my field experience hours, and somehow, trying to fit an extra 5 hours of "to do's" in my week put me at overload. My body is beggining to let me know to calm down and relax- not to fit as much as possible into one day. Not to give too much away but I am going to the doctor because I'm a little concerned. So if you would please pray for me... that would be great!

So, today I decided that I would try to count the blessings in my busy schedule. I have one 2-hour break on Tuesdays and Thursdays which I usually spend in the library. Today I went and did some grammar homework, but suddenly I got the feeling to go browse the books. So I did, and I got a few that I plan on incorporating into my schedule to give myself some "rest time". All too often I use time like that to look at my pile of things to do and stress out some more... or to facebook. That routine has not been working for me- my ability to stress more increases and I inwardly panick. So I got "If" by Amy Carmichael, "Keep A Quiet Heart" by Elisabeth Elliot, "Girl Meets God" by I don't remember..., and "Effective Prayer" by R.C. Sproul. Isn't it nice to have some books that you can just pick up and rest as you read them? Yeah, I think so too :)

Right now I'm at work and I'm going to try to get through "Night". We shall see! :)

3 comments:

Glynis said...

you WILL get through it!! believe me, i know how you feel! there just are not enough hours in the day! :D

Anonymous said...

sounds like good authors. :)

Daisiesnroses said...

New post, new post!! :)