2/01/2006

Charter Day

Today was Charter Day at UMHB (and I think Baylor, too). We had alumni from the class of 1929 speak today. They were so cute! They had actually witnessed the burning of Luther Memorial. All we have left now are the ruins which is a big spot on campus for major events. It was neat to see all that happened. They also laid flowers out at Judge Baylor's grave. I thought it was kind of creepy at first that we had his body casually placed in the middle of campus, but now it's some pretty neat history.

Tonight at AWANAs is Great Affliction night. We get to wear fake injuries. What's mine, you ask? I will be wrapping my head with toilet paper. It will look like a head injury! I would do something really gory, but the kids might get scared, so I shall stick to the toilet paper head. Maybe I'll show some pictures later..

Have you ever tried to go through a day without saying anything negative? I have been trying to do that, and have caught myself almost saying negative things. I'm not one for criticizing others, but negative speech can include many other things! You should try it for a day or more, because it's a good way to find out what is the root of negative speech. On that note, I found a good verse for this today, in 1 Samuel:

2:3
Talk no more so very proudly, let not arrogance come from your mouth; for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.

Adieu my friends!

No comments: