2/02/2006

Power Outage

So, after a great night at AWANAs, I come back to my dorm, call my parents in my closet AKA phone booth, and then the lights begin to flicker. It had been storming since AWANAs began, and I knew what was coming next. I'd say we had about 40 minutes or so of no power, and it was pretty cool! That's never happened at school, and with lack of anything else to do, we all went out in the hallway and talked at the top of the stairs. The light that was powered by the generators was in there, and it was neat to hang out with my roomies. We need to do that more.

So, one of my professors, Dr.Martin, is very sick. He hasn't been coming to class all week. I feel really bad for him because he's one of these teachers that puts so much into his lessons (He teaches New Testament, The Early Pauline Epistles, Greek, and probably more) and so he probably is upset that he'll be behind on them now. From what I hear, he has a reputation of NEVER missing class.

Anyways. Things are going good. Today is Children's Ministry, and I'm a little worrried about it only because Shawn told me today that a ton of people are coming from FYC. I really love volunteers, but wow- I'm not used to it! I'm sure it will be great, though.

:)

No comments: