2/15/2006

Not OUR daughter...

So I finally figured out why I don't have a valentine. I know, I know, how do you figure this out? But I have written proof my friends. My parents sent me this card and it has an illustration of them blocking cupid from me saying, "Not our daughter you little flying freak!!" So, there ya have it. My parent's are just trying to protect me from cupid's sharp arrow! Haha juuuust kidding. Valentine's Day was good. I didn't sit around and feel sorry for myself. I actually stayed quite busy, and my "brothers" from my adopted family stopped by and gave me 2 yellow roses. A 3 year old and 7 year old gave me my first flowers ever (besides my parents). I thought it was the cutest thing ever! I just learned today that yellow rose means friendship! I love having friends. :)

Last night at one of my meetings, we were asking our BSM director, Shawn, all about her life. It was great! Someone ended up asking her about her singleness and she named everything I LOVE about being single. Seriously. For example, because of my singleness I am free to write my own calendar. I don't have to correlate my life with anyone else's. It's great. I can choose what "crazy things" I wish to do during my summers. It's awesome. Sometimes at the end of my day I wonder how in the world I could ever have a relationship right now. Seriously, I'm a very busy bee. But yes, I will stop because I have a lot more to say outside of this!

I was talking to Cat today and we were discussing the Old Testament. I was just telling her how lately I have felt convicted for not knowing a lot about the Old Testament and kind of skipping over it as if it had nothing good to say. Lately, we have been reading through Samuel together (which is a good illustration of the power of God) and it has been amazing. It's different from the New Testament and a little harder to understand, but I love it. I think I'm going to try to get through the Old Testament more now, because it is so cool to read and learn about what different things mean! A good example would be 1 Samuel 5. (Read it. You know you want to.)

Okay well I'm making dinner tonight so I'm going to go! I hope everyone has a blessed day!! :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

So how'd your fajitas turn out, and what'd your parents send you for Valentine's?