2/16/2006

All you have is who you are...


So, for some reason, these lyrics have been on my mind tonight. It's a song called Airplane, by Bethany Dillon.



"Mountain tops peak through
This is where I see you
I've never seen a clearer blue
This is where I see you

Leave behind your busy life
All you have is who you are
Space like this is hard to find
So breathe it in
Someone will say, "Where are you headed?"
And it might be the first time
You ever thought about it"

I think the reason these lyrics are in my mind is because I feel the need to just get away. I love the life God has given me but I seriously want to go somewhere, preferably outside, where I can sit, enjoy God's creation, and talk to Him. Let me tell you a story about my day...

I woke up extremely tired this morning and dreaded the thought of this day. (I know, what a thought to have..) I hate feeling this way, and I try to overcome it, but when I can't, I love it when God reminds me... breathe in and look around. Look where you are. I have been a bad leader and didn't prepare my lesson for Children's Ministry ahead of time because I was sooo busy all week. I know this is bad, but after today, it was a god thing. So, I got home from classes today and started looking for something I could teach on. No prayer, no nothing. Well, my Bible, and a couple of coloring sheets, but not what should've been. Well, I finally decided upon reading from my Bible Mark 12:28-34.

12:28
Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him, "Which is the first commandment of all?"
12:29
Jesus answered him, "The first of all the commandments is: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.
12:30
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment.
12:31
And the second, like it, is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."
12:32
So the scribe said to Him, "Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He.
12:33
And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices."
12:34
Now when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, He said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." But after that no one dared question Him.

I was reading this to the kids, and the words flowed from my mouth, the kids were listening, and really listening and God spoke to me through these words as I was reading them, and the kids started asking questions, and it was just a big reminder that no matter how busy I am, it is still my responsibilty in obedience and love to truly love God with everything in me, and that going to class, being diligent, leading a ministry, going to meetings, meeting my comittments, none of that will ever fulfill me like my Abba. All of these things are important, but "whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." I picture Him, holding out His arms to me, saying "Calm down, come to me, and rest." and I'm too frantic and busy to even hear Him! Our God is an aweosome God, and I am so glad He is our God! I love that He reminds me of this constantly, because even after He shows me this, I still go on in my ways, and yet He taps me on my shoulder and says.. "Hey, just rest in my arms. I am here, and my love will never grow cold." No matter what happens in life, He is there.

So, these lyrics are true, all we have is who we are, and I am a daughter of our Father, and I can't forget that. I can't forget that in that I am to love Him and remain obedient, not get so caught up in temporary things.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Thank you, Krista, for the wonderful post. It has always brought such joy to see God's working in your life, and such edification to watch how He's growing you in daily sanctification...as He does with all of us, especially when we're willing to be obedient.