2/09/2006

Song of Solomon Bible Study

So, this week has been good. A test got moved to next week and that's good because it gives me more time to study. I must admit, somtimes I feel like a complete idiot when it comes to Baptist History. I guess I have a weird way of thinking because whatever I say in that class, I am usually wrong. I will have to start keeping my mouth shut, which for me, isn't very healthy. I love to ask questions- even if they are wrong! How else do you learn? I just hate feeling like an idiot, and I have never felt like more of an idiot until this week.

Last night at FOCUS, our school's weekly Bible Study, we read more in the Song of Solomon. I have never been to a study on the Song of Solomon, this is the first! It is very interesting, shocking, and sometimes plain funny! Last night held a lot of laughs. We read through 3:6-5:1. The wedding night. I remember in High School Enlgish our teacher pretty much told us that book was all about sex, and nothing else. Um... no? I mean, it's a beautiful picture of two lovers speaking to eachother gently, and being honest with one another. One thing Chase pointed out is how Solomon talked to her: "Behold, you are beautiful, my love, behold, you are beautiful! Your eyes are doves behind your veil. Your hair is like a flock of goats leaping down the slopes of Gilead." -4:1 This is just an example, but wow, Solomon was complimenting his bride, and telling her gently, how beautiful she was. It's not like today, where beautiful has been replaced with "hot" or whatever.. Solomon's words weren't demeaning. Many examples of this would be on television, and even in some couples I know. The television is just an example to children who will one day be in relationships. It was a really good study, and I'm excited about the rest of the summer!

Okay, I'm gonna get ready for Children's Ministry :)

No comments: