2/21/2006

Spring Break, Spring Break, where for art thou Spring Break?

Wow. You ever get that feeling when you look at your planner late and realize "Oh man. There's a ton of stuff to do in one week."? I did that last night. I have to read a 200 page book and write an essay on it by next Monday, and then I have this big test in Dr.Martin's class on Tuesday. The test is by far, more important. I only have 2 exams in there. ahhh! I can't worry, I can't worry.... It will be fine. 3 weeks until Spring Break!

So.... I got a new summer job. I haven't written it down yet because it hasn't really hit me that it's real yet. Maybe if I write it, it will. I'm going to be the Children's Ministry Intern here at my church in Temple. I totally had my mind set on Camp Buckner again, but God had another plan! This is definitely going to be a time of growth as I have never done something like this before, and might even be doing this when I graduate! My job this summer consists of:
1. Help in planning VBS.
2. Leading a weekly Bible Study for a group of children.
3. Plan different events for younger and older kids. (A trip to the zoo, the museum, etc.)
4. Help out with the Children's Choir.
5. Spend a week at camp with the kids.
6. Lead a Children's Ministry at the apartments.

I start late May-early June. I have a whole month off to spend with my mom. I will be living here with one of the ministers and their family or my adopted family from last year. Nothing is set in stone yet, but God will provide. I will also be babysitting here for the same family, which is cool because I won't miss out on anything. I'm super excited, but it wasn't until last week when I started to think of camp and how much I'll miss it, but it's okay. God has a plan and a reason for it all and I'm looking forward to getting to know the kids more! That is some pretty major news. God is amazing :)

Well, I had best get going to study some for all my stuff and read a bit, too.

~Krista

P.S.

Steph, not too sure about cutting my hair, you're right, boys do like long hair. Haha... just joking. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. It's severely damaged... so I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the stylist says.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ahhh...congrats on the job! You'll have to excuse me; I dropped of the face of the blogosphere for a few weeks, and now I have TONS to comment on!