4/07/2006

Crazy Feelings

Hey everyone,

I gave ya'll the URL to this blog because I knew ya'll, so I'm going to let ya'll know how I have been feeling lately.

God has been so good to me. He has given me a great family and great friends. He has reminded me of his love daily. The last couple days have been kind of hard for me though. As I think all of ya'll know, my dad is going back overseas soon. I have been blocking my emotions to this for some time because I can get extremely upset sand sad about it. I can't say that that has helped. Today was my dad's last day at his civilian job, and thought brought the reality home. I can't tell you how much this stinks. And I know that no matter how I feel about this situation, it will never change. Please pray for me and my family though. It is one of the hardest things anyone can experience. It feels like a big gamble on someone's life when they go "over there". Please pray that my dad is wrapped in God's arms and that he feels the comfort that comes from the Father. Please pray that all of his unit is protected as they go on missions. Please pray that they will all see Christ through all of this. Please pray that the families back at home are comforted also and that we will remember that this is all in the Lord's hands, and not turn our hearts cold to Him. It's very easy to lose sight of Him in the midst of this. Please pray that we will all encourage eachother and be joyful even through this. Please pray that we will love eachother and encourage one another.

It has been hurting me lately to think about it. I don't want to hurt anymore.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sweet Krista, I honestly can't imagine. The Lord is using this, as He uses all our trials, to continue growing you in Christ-likeness. We all ask ourselves, when we're in the midst of all our trials, why it has to hurt so much. Growing pains are pains, indeed. But I will encourage you with the thought of how the Lord used your dad's last deployment to bring your father unto Himself. He often uses measures we would certainly not choose in order to accomplish His will. I suppose that's how we get opportunity to truly put our faith into practice. We love you, dear one, and will continue to pray for you and your family. My heart breaks along with yours...

Anonymous said...

i didn't know your dad was going back again... my best friend sherry has been on leave for the last two weeks and goes back on monday, which i am definitely not looking forward to. just know that i'm here if you ever need anyone to talk to and God is only a prayer away!