4/24/2006

One of the best movies ever..

So after surprising Lauren for her bridal shower, we watched what is now one of my favorite movies. I think I can watch it over and over again. I'm planning on reading the book this summer. Can you guess what it is? Pride and Prejudice. It was such a great movie, but I'd have to say that my favorite scene was the last one. It was the most romantic thing I have ever seen. I strongly suggest you seeing this movie if you have not. It is great!

Mr. Darcy: "And how are you this evening, my dear?"

Elizabeth: "Very well, only I wish you would not call me 'my dear', For that is what my Father calls my Mother when he is cross at her.”

Mr. Darcy: "Ahh, and so then what should I call you?"

Elizabeth : “Well let me think. Lizzy for everyday, my pearl for Sundays, and my divine goddess for every other day."

Mr. Darcy (laughing): "And what am I to call you when I'm cross? Mrs. Darcy?

Elizabeth: "No, you may only call me Mrs. Darcy when you're completely,perfectly and incandesantly happy."

Mr. Darcy: "And how are you this evening, Mrs. Darcy?"

Mr. Darcy: Mrs. Darcy...(kisses her left cheek)

Mr. Darcy: Mrs. Darcy...(kisses her nose)

Mr. Darcy: Mrs. Darcy...(kisses her right cheek)

Mr. Darcy: Mrs... (kisses her on the mouth)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes yes yes yes yes!! It is the most romantic scene of all time and the sweetest words. Well, when he says "You've bewitched me, body and soul, and I love you" that's pretty sweet too. And when she's talking about all the things he did for her family and he says "surely you must, you must know it was all for you" my heart just melts!

Stephanie said...

You're not supposed to ruin endings like that, you stinker! Good thing I've seen it already...although I must say, the BBC production is probably even better. You'll have to borrow it from us sometime when you want to have a movie marathon.