4/25/2006

I Am Blessed

I had a very moving hour tonight. I've noticed that I have decreased in the amount of time I reflect on my life. I haven't stopped and just thought about the relationships that are being built each day. Tonight, at our small group meeting, I cried for a good 20 minutes, and if you know me... it is very hard for me to start crying in front of people I don't know. But you know something? I found that I do know the people I cried with tonight. It was a good cry, too.

We used to play "Hot Seat" in our youth group (Steph, you remember this). It was one of my favorite things that we did because it forced us to a) recognize the goodness in the relationships that have been built, and b) bring ourselves to understand what others truly feel about us. It can be a very moving moment, especially if you doubt that you have had an impact. Well, I just joined MLC this past semester. To be honest, I was scared when I joined. I was scared of being the new girl because I'm shy enough as it is. Well tonight we played "Hot Seat" and it was so wonderful. I enjoyed hearing what people had to say about me, but I loved finding out what I thought was admirable in others. I never really stop and say "This person is so ____" It's kind of a subconscious thing. I want to "stop and smell the roses". I value friendships so much but I never actually tell the people I value how much I value them. I've noticed I can be a bit protective of my thoughts. Things have changed, and I want to fix them. I want to be forward with people and let them know the impact they have in my life. "Carpe Diem". It's funny that I forget most of the things people say they admire in me, but I remember what I say to others. I love my friends. We all influence eachother (in good ways) and I love it. I love the fact that we all love Jesus and can share what He is teaching us. I am excited about next year and seeing where God leads us all. I'm excited that His hand is upon all this, and He finds each one of us as admirable. I strive to be that for Him everyday, and I just want to feel Him smiling upon me.

We are truly blessed.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

sniff, sniff. Awww...I remember "hot seat" days! You're right...it's so easy to take people for granted, and just assume they know how you feel about them. While we're on the topic, know that I think you're the cat's pajamas! (ok, so you know I don't care for cats, but if I saw one wearing pajamas, I assure you, that'd be a whole different story!)

Krista said...

Awww, Steph. I'm the cat's pajamas... too cute!