6/19/2006

Oh, gee.

These past couple days for me have been rough. I won't let you know it if I'm talking to you, but for some reason, I'm an open book right now. Isn't it funny how I would feel awkward saying anything but "Good" when you ask me "How are you?".

I think I am just being attacked right now. I haven't been feeling like myself at all. I feel like nothing in my life is going right, and I am feeling dissatisfied with myself. And then it's like my emotions are a light that can just be turned off and on. In front of people, I a very good at turning them off. In fact, I am very good at ignoring the fact that there's even a light to turn on. For some reason though, something inside me desperately wants to turn that light on and place everything out for everyone to see. No more hiding.

I don't know if it has been the empty conversations that I have had with my parents, or if it has been the constant thought that I am not good at anything I attempt- my job, my friendships. Yes, I know this is a lie, and yet while knowing these are all lies, part of me still believs it, and I hate that.

We are doing that study on the book Captivating, and while I really don't agree with a lot of what that book has to say, the discussions that we had on it tonight just really hit me. I cried, but didn't say anything. How could I say anything when I have been ignoring it for it's whole existence? I've noticed that I have been doing this with a lot of the discomforts in my life. I know they are there, and I ignore them, thinking that if I don't acknowledge them, they will somehow vanish. Really, all I am doing is hurting myself. I am hardening my heart, and not bringing these things to the Lord.

I have lost something in myself, and it hurts. It feels like I can't turn to anyone, even if they had their arms opened right in front of me. My heart has been trained to keep it all in and can't even recognize a shoulder to lean on when it is there. I feel as if a friend is standing there trying to help me, and I am too weak to even reach out for their help.

Please pray for me. There are just a lot of things that have led to confusion, hurt, and sadness- and I don't know what to do.

2 comments:

Kate McDonald said...

Krista,

Thanks for sharing..your blogs and letting me know where to find you...

I will be praying for you!

Stephanie said...

squiiiiiissshhh. That's a long-distance hug for you. I don't know what to say, and yet, I almost feel like just letting you know I care may be enough for the way you're feeling.

Hills and valleys...life consists of hills and valleys. And yes, the valleys can stink sometimes, but then the only direction we can look is Up.