6/20/2006

Trust in the Lord

I understand that God teaches me something through every trial. That He is constantly pruning me so that I will bear more fruit. (John 15) I re-read that passage today and it was kinf of reassuring that whatever I'm going through right now is going to help me more than harm me, because God is for me.

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch of mine that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing."

Oh what a wonderful Comforter I have. He is building my faith to be stronger. And I need that. I am thankful for the friend He gave me to talk to today, for the people in my life that care about me when I am attacked. I am thankful for the smiling faces of the little kids I love to be around.

After work today, I went to Ian's little league game and sat with Christie for a while. We were just watching the game, and I turned around to help Rachel find her ladybug, when all of a sudden I hear a unusual spitting noise coming from Christie, and then all of a sudden, I feel cold water all over the left side of my face. Now, if you know me, you know that I thought this was very disgusting. But how could I tell Christie this when she was already embarrased enough? Well, we had a good laugh about it.

Anyways, I hope you are all doing good. Also, thanks for reading my previous entry and being so understanding. I love you all!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

My Bible study this past semester was based on that same passage, and it was amazing to see the concept of pruning in our lives studied out over 12 weeks. There will always be pruning, or we are bearing no fruit!

I also take comfort in the passage about only being a child of God if He's disciplining us; otherwise it means He doesn't love us.....oh, the reference escapes me, but you probably remember what I'm referring to. Bring on the discipline!