7/28/2006

One more week!

Well, the summer is coming to an end and I have mixed feelings about it all. I just got back from "Lifecamp 2006" yesterday, and today I have just relaxed. The camp went very well. Our speaker was a guy named Blu, and he did a pretty good job. Outside of Camp Buckner, I had never been to a children's camp before, so I figured the sermons would be pretty watered down. Our theme was Joshua 1:9, which says "Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." I think I have looked at parts of my walk as basic things, when in all actuality they are very important! He compared God to being the captain of our lives, and that we need to talk to our captain so we know what's going on. He said that you can read your bible, and go to church, etc, but we HAVE to talk to our Captain. I have been journaling for quite a while now, but I have found that audibly talking to Him is so much better for my spirit. Don't get me wrong, I still journal, but there is something sweet about just 'talking' to Him.

The girls loved camp. They really listened when Blu talked, so I hope that something hit them when he preached. I had the opportunity to pray with one of my girls, and I really enjoyed it because when we were done she began to tell me that she knows God has been calling her away from the sin in her life and towards Him. It made everything all worth it. I was pretty drained when I got home. I never thought I'd hear "Miss Krista" so many times in a role, but it was also fun being there for them. For them to be able to turn to me was a great feeling.

Being in the position I am in really makes me want to be a better disciple. I have been so convicted of that. When I tell these girls more about reading their Bible everyday, and prayer life, and being a good Christian, it allows me to reexamine my own life. I am so thankful for that. I am praying to become closer to my God. Nothing else in this world matters, and I am constantly learning that. He is my rock and my salvation, I will only turn to Him.

I hope you are all enjoying the summer. Please e-mail or call me and update me on your lives as well! I look forward to hearing about it. :)
Love y'all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey krista. i saw you have kate mcdonald's blog...thats real right? is she the wife of shawn? :D

-matt zee

Anonymous said...

miss krista, im glad you enjoyed the camp! :) and was able to take something out of it. :)

-mattz