8/15/2006

375 Days

No, not a typo. My dad left today for another state, and will deprat from there to Kuwait in ten days. His orders are for a year.

I've learned that I have to make the choice to depend on God for my strength. I've learned that strength can't just happen, that I have to practice it. I have to practice it when I am comforting my mom, friends, and myself. I can't choose to think about all the negatives of this.

Already my mom and I have gotten closer. While sitting on the tailgate of our truck, we watched as their bus drove away into the distance. We cried, waved, and smiled. It's a mixture of feelings. I've always felt that deep sadness that you know will be there because he is not. But today I felt extremely proud of him. My dad has set such a great example in the past few years. He has proven to be a great dad, husband, and soldier. Seeing the look in the eyes of his soldiers as they look at him makes me feel so proud to be his daughter. So while I know he is in a dangerous land, I also know that he has a very good head on his shoulders, and men around him that learn from him. So while it may seem like a bad situation, and I am pretty much against this war, I know that God has a plan. He has a plan greater than I know. He is here with us.

I love you all. I ask that you please say a prayer for the 217th Trans. Co., as well as all of our soldiers. There are some amazing people among them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Krista, I love you! You are such an example to me in this whole thing and you help me to see the big picture. I have seen you grow in the Lord so much this summer and it is awesome to see. You are such an encouragement to my heart! ~ Lauren

Stephanie said...

I wish I could hug you! You are taking it so well, and I can see God's strength coming through in you in this trying time. He will see you through!