9/17/2006

Do you ever feel...

like you have God all figured out?

I do that. A lot. I try to always be 2 steps ahead of Him, trying to predict His next move. I realize that this is totally the wrong way to live.

Sometimes I think I know what He's going to do next FOR me. Why do I do that? Maybe it is a lack of satisfaction? Trust? Both? I need to be rooted in Him with complete satisfaction. I need to trust that He can satisfy my every desire and need.

I have been struggling lately with this. Why can't I just accept His blessings and leave it that? Why do I always have to think there is more?

God,
Teach me to be content with what You have given me. Help me to not look to other things or people for this. I know that You are truth and that there is no other way. Help me to not worry about money, or clothes, or grades, but to completely know that it's in Your hands. To know it and live by knowing it. Not just half-know it. I can determine my steps, but You direct my path LORD. Thank You for adjusting my vision.
Love,
Krista

No comments: