9/14/2006

English! (and other things)

Guess what! I'm going to be an English Tutor... for COLLEGE STUDENTS! I'm excited, and I know you may think that I'm a nerd now, but guess what- I like it!

I really needed a second job, and this is just a huge blessing because not only is it- a) doing what I love (one of the things I love- English!), b) Opening up an opportunity to get to know more college students.... but I don't have to drive anywhere for this! It's an on campus job, and I am sooo excited!

I'm not going to quit babysitting- I love doing that :) I am not putting too much on my plate, either ;) The tutoring job also presents opportunities to do my own homework while I wait for people that need to be tutored!

Anyways, I thought I'd update y'all on that- it was a big deal to me today!

As far as other things are going, they are good. School is very easy this semester, but it's going to get harder. I planned this semester to be my easiest. :) I am enjoying apartment life more and more now, it's starting to become a lot more homey (is that how you spell that? is it even a word? I guess I should know this, being an English tutor and all).

FOCUS was awesome. Matt Chandler was our speaker, and God really used him. (He's going to be our speaker at Revival!!) It was about how as Christians, we shouldn't stay in our little Christian circles. That has been very convicting for me because I somehow assume that everyone here is a Christian, when some are not. How blind can I be? It really convicted me to engage more in conversations and invest in others, and accept people for who they are while showing them the love of the Lord. Another thing we talked about was just loving God. Not thinking we have to do certain things -don't get me wrong: reading, worship music- it's all important-but, our worship should flow into all of our lives, to where we have a true relationship with God and not just some act. An act only makes you think you are in tune with Him, when you are really just deceiving yourself. It's not about action, it's about heart. Now, I know that doing things is important, but it's all in vain if you don't know the Lord. I'm really excited about what the Lord has laid in my heart and it is my desire to live that every day. I don't want to just pass through life doing what a Christian does, but I want to BE it. To some that can be confusing, but think about it.

Anyways, I'm going to go study for my math test tomorrow!! Everyone have a great weekend!

~KQ

P.S.
Please continue to pray for my dad and his unit!

No comments: