1/13/2007

Life Back at UMHB

In case any of you are wondering how my first week of school has been, you should probably read on. :) Besides all of the car business, things have been going wonderful. I moved into my new apartment on Monday, and my roommate Jenn and I have been getting things organized and decorated since. I made a cute little vanity area after buying a cute little mirror and hung it up above my dresser. It's perfect since Jenn and I get ready at about the same time every morning and our bathroom isn't really big enough to share the mirror. We've been doing a lot of bargain shopping at places like Ross, Marshalls, and of course- the Dollar Tree. It has been wonderful since I'm trying to save money, and I like bargains. While I know that I will only be living here for a semester, I believe that I do better academically when I have a cozy little home. It's so important because then I feel like I have some where to relax!

Classes have been going good, also. I'm taking 2 of my Education classes, which have been very enlightening so far. I am learning a lot about how a teacher makes a difference in students' lives and how to be a good teacher. I have to take a written screening test in a few weeks, and I'm just a little worried about it. I'm sure it will be fine, though. I'm also taking two of my upper level English classes- American Literature (which I won't go to until Monday the 29th!) and General Linguistics. Linguistics was pretty interesting. I'm just a little worried about being the only person in there that is younger than 40. I'm only a little intimidated. (Okay, a LOT ntimidated!) Overall, I think classes will be a treat.

Oh, and "the weathero utside is frightful"! Rumor has it that the churches all around Belton and Temple will be closed tomorrow because roads are supposed to start icing over soon! I hope everyone is not too chilly!

Oh, and I thought I would treat everyone with a picture that the school put up on our "MyCampus" web site of me and my family group from my Freshman Year! I feel like we all look so much younger!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a cute picture! I hope you're staying inside, warm, and off those scary roads.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that classes are a "treat" for you and that you are enjoying it all.
I saw that picture on the mycampus and was really confused. I said to myself "Is that Krista? She looks like she did back before everything happened..hmm" I thought it was a recent picture. haha.