1/11/2007

Updates on the Car :)

So yesterday I tok my car to the place where I get my oil changes done, and he recommended a different mechanic that he said I could trust, so I took my car there this morning. I will find out later what is the problem, and I will be sure to post about it. :) Hopefully it is something minor, because yesterday, they when they did a free alternator test, they said it didn't seem problematic. I really hope this is true (and that it is nothing major)!! Thank you for your prayers, and I will continue to update it throughout the day! :)

*edit*

I called the mechanic and they think it is the Cluster. I asked how much it would cost to replace, and he said $600 or so... yeah, I don't have that kind of money to throw away.

Is a cluster even important? He said it's what tracks your speed....

I don't know.... I'll know more in an hour or so.

*edit 2*
I went to the mechanic and he told me that the car will be fine if I don't replace the cluster. He said that it only controlls your speedomoeter, and that my speedometer is working fine. Praise God! I don't think I will ever want to replace a $600 part that isn't all that important! This mechanic didn't even charge me for checking it out. That part totally shocked me in a pleasant way, and so I will be writing them a Thank-You card and giving them a tip- I can't not pay them anything! Thank you all for your concerns, help, and prayers. I truly believe that God had this in His hands, because all signs pointed to the alternator, and it was almost nothing! I love Him!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry, Krista. We know all about car woes. And there's never a convenient time, is there? I can see why it's recommended to always have a budget line item for auto repairs, since inevitably, they come up. But of course, sometimes that's not always feasible. I hope it gets worked out easily and inexpensively.