3/17/2007

Spring Break and Homework...

..don't mix well. :)

I have a huge presentation on Flannery O'Connor on Monday night. That's her.

Is it safe to say that I thought her stories were extremely morbid? In both stories that I have read, someone dies, and it's usually a tragic death. I chose this author for my presentation because my teacher e-mailed me saying that she really wanted someone to present on Flannery O'Connor. I did not expect it to be so.. morbid.

The good news is that I have been doing some research, and have found that she was also very interesting. This lady loved Peacocks. She owned Peacocks. I mean, they were in her yard. She also had a pet chicken as a little girl that knew how to walk backwards. She was the celebrity of her town! You don't hear about chickens that much, especially those that can walk backwards.

I guess I'm trying to share this information with someone other than myself because I want to get motivated. Go American Literature!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is interesting! I would want to hear your 10 minute speech..maybe ;)

lauren noel said...

woo woo! sorry i didn't get to call you back--we were at my aunt's house. and now we're back, but it's late, and i don't want to wake you up. the hair turned out fine. only a few burned spots left ;) (what a disaster!) anyway, i'll talk to you (see you?) tomorrow!

Stephanie said...

Hope all went well with your presentation. Did you know that I used to have both peacocks AND chickens as pets growing up? Only my chickens couldn't walk backwards. Hmmm...some laid blue eggs, and others jumped up several feet for mini marshmallows...does that count for anything?

Anonymous said...

So I am glad to know that the chickens walk backwards and not the little girl... and that Stephanie's chicken does not jump over several feet of mini marshmallows!