6/01/2007

Wisdom...

Tonight I met the cutest old couple ever. Mr. and Mrs. Haney were so cute. They came in 10 minutes before we closed, and tonight was our buffet night, where everyone serves themselves. But the Haneys have some health issues. One is legally blind, and the other cannot walk too well. I introduced myself and took their orders so I could go get their food. They were so happy and so cheerful, even though one could hardly see and the other could hardly walk. I love that they have chosen to not let certain limitations control the way they view life. They were 96 years old. They made me smile the moment they started talking. :) They immediately asked what I was studying, where I went to school, etc. We had a nice conversation, and I was so thankful that they came in late so I didn't have to leave them.

Don't you love those people you meet that have so much to offer, and they don't even have to say all that much? It's just about the way they carry themselves, and the way the overcome obstacles. I hope I get to serve them again! :)

No comments: