12/23/2007

Home! :) and a little randomness!

So I'm home now. I can smell the lovely scent of my mom's Apple Cake. How will I survive until tomorrow without biting into it?! :)

It's nice to be home. I'm just sitting in "my" room and relaxing. I'm acknowledging this because I do not want to take for granted the time I have now to rest... next semester won't be too bad... I don't think. I'm taking Advanced Grammar, which is supposedly the hardest class for English majors. I am still excited about it because I know there is so much about grammar that I don't know, but I've always wanted to. I'm also taking Advanced Rhetoric, Curriculum Methods, Classroom Management, and an easy one- General Psychology. I also find out where I will be student teaching. I'm not sure if I want Salado or Belton yet... so I will probably be observing in both districts to get a better idea. I think next semester's going to be fun, also! :)

Guatemala notes: I start fundraising next semester!! My Guatemala trip will be set for sometime June or July this summer... I get to choose the dates. It will be a prayer/relational ministry and I am very excited!! More updates to come... I will probably make a Guatemala blog, too. My adopted mom, Shanon, will be teaching Spanish classes at church for the Mexico mission trip, and I'm going to go to learn more for Guatemala :) It's very exciting!

Well, I guess I'll leave you with a quote that I read a couple days back:
"May your presence fill the nonanswers, empty glances, and lonely times of my life. Amen." - Robert Wood

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going to Guatemala???
:)
AWESOME!!! :) I have been to MX three times... and I am so grateful for the amazing experiences! :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Krista! I just stopped by via Kate McDonald's blog, and have enjoyed what I've read. It seems as though we have quite a bit in common. :) I hope you are enjoying the break to its fullest!

I just took an Advanced Grammar course this past semester... it was enjoyable. :)

Glynis said...

Krista!! I just found you on here! Anyways, hope you're having a great break! :)