10/04/2008

sleep-drive-learn-drive-sleep!

It has been a loooong day. I didn't think driving to Austin for my alternative teaching certificate for 2 months would take quite the toll on my body. :( I started it last week with an 8-hour introduction to the profession of teaching, and today we had an 8-hour session on Lesson Planning & Development.

It was really good that I went even though I've already taken the education courses here at UMHB and have prior knowledge to the lesson-planning cycle. It was still very informative! I'm preparing my portfolio over the next few months before graduation- I'm going to include my unit plan that I did for high school English last semester (which I got a 98 on, by the way- and yes, I can brag because I'm very happy about that!), a few recommendation letters, and the like.

It's hard for me to believe that in about a month and a half, I will be looking for a job and possibly teaching. Seriously.

After I drove back from Austin, I went to Russell's and we talked for a while about books and his writings that he's working on. I was so pooped that I feel asleep on his couch for about two hours! He worked on homework and I slept. It's so typical of me, having senioritus and all. ;) So now I'm up at one in the am... I need to get to bed though. Long day tomorrow- full of researching, reading, writing...

No comments: