10/08/2008

Preparing to Teach

As graduation draws near, I'm beginning to realize how stressed I am about the whole thing. I'm really looking forward to it, and when I say that, I mean it; I will never have to write another paper or take another exam.... at least for the time being.

I've been doing my alternative certification stuff and I've been pretty optimistic about the whole thing. I know finding a job will be the biggest ordeal, but right now, I'm all about taking my TExES test. I'm pretty stressed about this- the money, studying, time... But I know I can pass it. I'm taking the test for 4-8th English, and I'm graduating college with an English degree! It can't be too hard. :) See, optimism mixed with questioning....

Anyways, the test is on November 8th- please pray for me :) If I pass, I will be soooo pumped because I will be an official "highly qualified" teacher and a true candidate for a teaching position.

Well... I guess I should go study!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

will be praying for you!

ps English was my favorite school subject and largely because of my freshmen English teacher who was so inspiring! If I could do college over, I would be a teacher