3/04/2006

Blue Like Jazz

Has anyone ever read, or heard of, Blue Like Jazz, by Donald Miller? This morning Lauren and I went to some garage sales after Tamara left, and we ended up at Antioch's garage sale which is being held to raise money for their Juarez trip over Spring Break. Well, I knew I would find something being that I knew some of these people. Well, I found Blue Like Jazz, and I'm excited about reading it. People at camp always said good things about Donald Miller, and so I am excited to see what it's all about. I read a chapter from it today, and while it doesn't have many scripture references, it shows the realness of his heart and desire to truly love God, and I think that's what a lot of authors do not do. They simply aren't real, and that's what everyone wants. We want to say "Yeah, I've been there", or "I'm growing through that right now". I will tell ya'll what I think of the book when I'm done reading it, but so far, I have enjoyed it!
:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its a really good book. :) quite different, too. :) he totally has a different style...which i really love. a honest and inspiring way of sharing a little portion of his life...with the rest of us. :)

-matt