3/10/2006

God is for us...

at all times.

I just got home from the Spurs game against the Lakers. It was so awesome going to my first NBA game! I loved it. I was cheering pretty hard-core. We did lose to LA, but I'd have to say the biggest treat was seeing the sportsmanship of our Spurs, and hearing Bruce Bowen give his testimony after that game. It was the 18th Annual Friday Fellowship, and Bruce Bowen and Max Lucado both spoke. The Afters also played, and I found a likening to their music. It was a good message on how God is FOR us.

Last week was probably one of my worst weeks ever at college. I think I had given in to the stress of due dates and studying for exams, and the worrying that is a constant of mine. How is it that I lose sight of the very One I love? I did that last week, and again, God is still there for me. I am so blessed to be loved by Him. I can't name anyone else who would put up with me for so long. And isn't it great how He has the most perfect timing? How He knows what He gives us, we'll be able to handle? (I forget that sometimes) I love that He plans things so well.

I drove home today and when I pulled in the driveway, it was just one of those moments. There is really no place like home. I don't get as homesick as I used to, but I do however think more about home when I have breaks coming up. It's a huge anticipation. Well, I drove in today and just thought how this is it. This is the place I was so eager to leave in High School and yet still holds a special place in my heart. There's something about being greeted by 2 loveable pugs with such warm smiles, and being hugged by my parents. I love the connection you have with people that have known you for your whole life. I value family so much.

I need to stop thinking about the "Who can be against me?" question, and start remembering that God is for me, at that very moment. I need to remember that God pulls me through every hardship and every trial. I can't respond in a way that makes me feel worse about a situation. I think when I begin to realize more that God will pull me through at that moment, I will be able to realize that God is for me.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ah, so well-put. The transient things people put so much value in are overrated. There's just something invaluable about a place to call home, with people and critters who love you, nomatter what.