3/22/2006

Hidden Blessings

I am such a happy girl, and I should be all the time. I'm sitting here listening to a beautiful piece called "Song of the Black Swan" on Cello by Steven Isserlis. It sounds very beautiful :) Have I ever mentioned that I have always had a desire to play the Cello? I am actually seriously considering taking Cello lessons. :) Music is definitely a gift from the Lord.

God has brought a conviction upon my heart, and it is great. I always feel like a victim of lost time. I don't know where I got this feeling, because I have tons of time. I wake up pretty late for my classes, and I surf online at what has to be an hour a day, and I even watch my favorite show each week. Well, I have SO much time, you see? Tonight at FOCUS, Chase wrapped up the Song of Solomon study with a sermon on singleness. I walked away with so much conviction. He pointed out 3 questions to ask yourself as a single (and I'm sure they can apply if you are married as well):

1. What do you do with your time?
2. What do you do with your money?
3. Where do you go?

The time thing really stuck out to me because it was like God confirming what He has been telling me all week.

He pointed out that our time we use playing games, watching TV, etc. can and should be replaced with meditating on Scripture and cultivating relationship with God and others. How true is this?! I am SO guilty of complaining that I have no time for God or to go out with friends because I don't have enough time because I'm too busy doing insert whatever here. He also mentioned that we take this time in our single lives for granted, because if we one day get married, we will have jobs that take up time, and probably kids that wake up very early. Then it will definitely feel like we have no time if we aren't good stewards of our time right now.

I sit here and ponder how I can make my life better, and I plan on starting tomorrow. I want to use my time for Him and not myself. I feel the urge to search for those hidden blessings in my time. I cover up blessings of opportunity with activities that I don't even need to be doing!

No comments: