9/21/2006

Phoneathon

So, I'm doing this on-the-side job 3 nights out of the week. It's only for 3 weeks, but it's been going good. It's called the Alumni Phoneathon. I have been calling alumni and asking them for money. Some people tell me I'm crazy, but who knew my telemarketing skills from high school would help me make money in college? It's so much fun doing this, because I'm not selling credit cards, and most of the alumni are extremely generous! Last night I talked to one lady, and she donated $200! I think that's amazing. We had a good conversation about my bassoon playing days and her music career. She lives just down the road and goes to a church right around the corner from mine! It's such a small world, and she really was a sweet lady. I also talked to a guy that graduated in '03 and met his wife here. They are now expecting a baby! That's crazy! We knew the same people, so it felt like talking to a friend I've never met. They were a sweet couple! I sold the 2nd most last night, so I got a gift certificate to the movies!

I'm just really excited about it because it's fun doing that.

I also had my Spanish test today. I did great! I'm really learning more Spanish and I am excited! Mrs. Arnold is a great teacher!

I hope everyone is havign a good week! :)

No comments: