10/20/2006

Wouldn't it be loverly?

I just wanted to put that as my title, because I like the word 'loverly'. It is wonderful :)

We had a short week this week and it was nice. This is the first semester that my classes haven't been too hard, and I actually feel like I have a life. I'm involved in the things I want to be involved in the things I want to be in. College is one of the best times everrrrrrrrrr (yes, it deserves that many R's!). I am having a lot of fun.

Last night me and some girlfriends went to the "Cotton Club" (a big hit with UMHB students on Thurs. nights). I walked in, and there were SO many students. I know almost everyone, and if I didn't know them, I knew of them. It was a little intimidating at first, but after a while it was okay. I prefer the place I went to a couple weeks ago a lot more, it's a much softer atmosphere, and not quite as hectic, but I enjoyed it last night. I line danced and two stepped- I'm learning bit by bit. I can't wait to learn more at the In the Mood Ballroom place again! I never thought I'd look at dancing as so much fun, but it IS! So far, I want to learn how to country western dance better, learn swing!, and learn ballroom. Sound like too much? I don't think so! I think it's becoming a little hobby of mine. It's just fun to follow the lead and the beat, and just go with the music. SO, I am going to buy myself some boots soon!

Oh, fun times. I just thought I would share :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who would have known there was a cowgirl in you!!! :)
~Lauren

Anonymous said...

i learned a little swing fall break weekend... it's SO fun!