10/23/2006

From Frazzled to Fabulous :)

So, I'm in what I now call the "bumps" in my college semester. To all of you college students and college alumni... you know what I am talking about. You're having this wonderful semester, you can actually stay up late because you're not doing homework, and then *WAM!* it hits you. You're going so fast that you didn't even notice the huge bump in the road (Bump, meaning the week in your planner that is completely FULL!)

This "bump" week for me is this week, and next week. I have 2 big exams (the kind that determine whether or not you have an A or a B) and a book to read by Friday, plus the homework. Then, next week, I have a SPANISH test, which is an event in itself, because when you have a Spanish test, you have a Spanish workbook, notebook, and biblical commentary to do. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being a college student, but sometimes you forget what college STUDENT means outside of latenight walks and talks, runs, crazy friends, learning how to dance, ministries, friendships, etc.

I know I will be fine though. The Lord will sustain me throughout this week. He keeps having to grab me and say "Stop panicking, I am here." Today I told the kids at Children's Ministry about Psalm 46, the one that has "Be still and know that I am God". I have to constantly do that. I know that in the grand scheme of things, tests and grades don't really matter, just as long as you pass and get a degree, and even then it's not that big of a deal, in the grand scheme of things... but I want to excel in these things to give all the glory to Him. I have to depend on Him, or I will fail.

Tomorrow morning is our first Revival meeting, bright and early at 7 AM! I'm actually excited. Getting up early will motivate me to study in the time I would be asleep. :)

This all ties together, but I went to Canyon Creek's annual college retreat this weekend, Autumn Runaway. We split up guys and girls, and had a wonderful girl's night :) Our whole retreat was about going from "frazzled to fabulous". It was a very much needed reminder that I can still do things for God and not get stressed out. It's all about depending on Him and not trying to depend on myself, even to get up on time. He's been motivating me to get up :) This semester, I have been getting up 10 minutes before class. CRAZY! Talk about frazzled!! I was constantly in a rush. The past week 1/2, I have been getting up way before my classes, I haven't been late, and I've felt good about it.

I love our King. I'm glad to be His. I'm glad that I can rest in Him, even through the "bumps" of college! (And I hear they don't end after that! Gotta keep resting in Him :)

No comments: