1/23/2007

An Eventful Day

Well, yesterday morning I drove home to get my braces off. Anyone who has had braces knows the importance of this day. My day was extremely important, and turned out to be more eventful than I expected.

In my previous posts about my car, I ended on a good note. I thought my car was fine, but the possibility of still having a problem with it was in the back of my head. As I was driving home, my speedometer stopped working and my air bag light started flashing. Every time I tried to signal, the lights would barely dim. This is all in addition to a flickering brake and battery light that then seemed to dim away as well. Then I noticed that my speedometer began to work again at a speed of 40 and below. I called my 'adopted dad', Jason, explained the problem, and was advised to keep driving because the car sounded fine. Once I hit SA, I called my mom, who told my to go straight to the dealer. I arrived safely, went inside, and explained the problems to the first mechanic I saw. He said it sounded electrical, and since I had school, he asked if I felt comfortable coming back on the weekend to have it fixed. I accepted, and went out to start my car. Only, here lies the problem.... it didn't start. So now, my car is at the shop, and will hopefully be fixed by lunch, because I have important meetings to go to tonight. If I don't go... that will be bad. One of the meetings is for a class, and it's the only meeting of this week. If you can't tell.... I'm a little panicky.

Incase you're wondering about the diagnosis... it's what I thought it was all along, plus some.

-Alternator gone bad
-Alternator belt gone bad
-Top right boot leaking (???)

I don't know the exact amount, but I know it's expensive. This is so sad :(

The good thing is, God got me to SA safely, and of all places to have a car not start- the dealership. So praise God. And hopefully this solves this series of car problems.

Oh, and I'm extremely excited about my new smile. Pctures to come up soon, hopefully! ;)

3 comments:

lauren noel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lauren noel said...

okay, hopefully i fixed that problem! oops, and i deleted that comment unnecessarily...will you let me know if this worked? thanks, yo!

Stephanie said...

Egad! Sounds alot like our car story...it coasted right into the safe, accessible gas station parking lot before it died forever. The dealership is even better! I hope you get that worked out soon, and that it won't cost as much as you think.