2/23/2007

I am excited!

This has been a wonderful week :)

God has just been reminding me exactly why I'm even in the education field. Let me share with you... About a week or so ago I was having huge doubts about my major. Nothing seemed to be going right, and of course there were some battles in my head. You know, the "You'll never be good at it" kind of thoughts. I even considered changing my major... to communications! My basis for this decision was only because I would save money and graduate a semester early. (I know, but I was on the extreme of 'I hate school right now!') I don't know if it's wrong to have these thoughts sometimes, like when you're up really ate and you just want to be in bed... but I'm pretty positive it's wrong when it's all you think for about 2 days straight. School had gotten that hard. I was mainly doubting because I was not even enjoying my Literature class- the one class any English major should enjoy. I wasn't thinking of the fact that I wasn't putting nearly as much effort into this class as I could have. So that was last week. It was not fun at all. Well... this week, it's as if God was like, "Krista, what have I called you to do?!" Well, let me tell you what I know. I know that God has called me to work with children, big or small. I know that God has called me to do this in different settings. I also know that I have a huge imagination and I often get far too much ahead of myself.. with thoughts of, "I can go to seminary and be a children's minister, I can go work as a camp director, I can teach, I can teach and go to seminary...." My brain seems to think at a speed that is not healthy, because with these thoughts come a desire for it to happen right now. So I forget the present and it's dire effect on the future. Well, this week... God has been confirming to me that I am in the right major. On a test that I was hoping to make a B in, I earned a 91. In a class where I wasn't understanding anything, everything began making sense. In classes that used to bore me, God has used to ignite a fire of passion for what I am learning. God has reminded me that teaching in itself is it's own mission field, and has endless possibilities. I have even compared public schools to communist countries... and something about not being allowed to tell children about Jesus makes it even more exciting to me that I will (and I will) find ways to. I am going to purposely choose books that will remind children of Jesus and get my foot in the door. I am so excited about the future, but for the first time in a long time, I am excited also about the present. I am learning valuable techniques and life lessons. I am learning the importance of a career that I often forget. I am excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am excited for you too! You know I stand behind you 100%.
It is really cool how God gives us a glimpse of His plan for our lives!