5/11/2007

Blessings and Anxiety

:)

I got the job at the retirement/nursing home! Now I will finally be doing something productive and making a little bit of money! Woo! :)

Although, I must say that reality kind of hit today when I registered for my summer classes. All of the online classes ended up being full, which is mainly my fault for registering so late, and so I'm now enrolled in one class for each session. It should be an interesting summer as I have no idea what to expect with the pace of the classes and a new environment. I'm sure it will be fine, but sometimes I just wonder what I'm doing!

Speaking of which, I've been feeling a little overwhelmed by the future. While I am so thankful for the blessings God has given me- a job in less than a week, the opportunity to take classes for much less than UMHB, a loving mother at home- I'm still anxious about it. I feel like I have never been as scared by the future as I do now. I guess I just never realized how uncomfortable I am with unfamiliarity. I'm worried about the classes, the job, and especially next semester. I really need to completely trust that God has it under control. Isn't it odd to know that but not trust? Isn't even more odd to be thankful for what you are worried about? Have you ever felt like this?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats wonderful krista! im so happy to hear that :D

mm. continue to dream big krista...the future is unknown. yet we know that God is with us all the time. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I feel like that right now. I am all by myself down here in Belton and still haven't gotten a job!
Tomorrow God is gonna surprise me though... I just know it!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I feel like that right now. I am all by myself down here in Belton and still haven't gotten a job!
Tomorrow God is gonna surprise me though... I just know it!

Anonymous said...

oops..
sorry about the multiples!

lauren noel said...

hey! i need to call you back...but while i'm blogging i will add:
congrats on the job! i wish i could have that one :)
and, ooooh yeah i've felt the same way. i will give you the advice my mom gave me last fall--"just take it one day at a time." planning is good, it's wise to think about the future as opposed to turning a blind eye...but ultimately we don't live our own plan anyway. i know i'm not saying anything you don't already know, but i always need to be reminded too! :) talk to you soon.