11/27/2006

These are my ramblings :)

Right now I am at my job where I should be tutoring students with English. Not one person has come in since 7 p.m. and so I sit here thinking of what I can blog about. Hmmm...

Well, I don't know what I want to do when I graduate. I'm supposed to preview at Truett in February to see if I am at all interested in seminary. Sometimes I feel inadequate with that type of thing. Is it weird that I don't feel that way about graduate school? I don't know where I would o if I attended graduate school, but it just seems like the easy way out. People always say to do what will make you happy, and I believe that that is true. I know that Truett sounds like a wonderful opportunity, but I know that I need to preview it before I make up my mind. It sounds so great that those thoughts creep in, saying "You, seminary? Forget it." And that's not the only doubt... what about finally getting on my own 2 feet, with a "real" job? I am excited about finding my place after graduation. It's crazy that it's not that far away, and soon my whole entire adult life will take place. The future used to be something I looked forward to; is it normal to be a little (or a lot) scared? I just needto pray about it. I know that actually going to the preview will help, too. These are my thoughts on my future though. I also don't know where I want to live. I thought I would like San Antonio, but I kind of want to get away from familiarity and explore a little. Somewhere country, with a little bit of city. A pretty view, and an easy trip to the store.... Plus you never know where God will place you... I don't see myself falling in love and getting married anytime soon. As much as I long for a relationship and all... I am not really wanting it right now. I kind of like being independent, doign thigns on my own. Maybe I am selfish with my time? Who knows... But like I said, God has a plan, and it is by far much better (and more secure) than my own. I couldn't be more thankful.

So yeah, these are my ramblings :)

No comments: