1/24/2007

Back in the Routine

I am definitely one of those people that thrive off of a routine.... well, a spontaneous routine. A routine within a routine? I don't know... but I love having classes, and everything that works around them.

This morning I took my written screening test, well.. half of it at least. It wasn't as hard as my mind usually works that type of thing to be. Then, in Diverse Populations, we made groups of 4 for our multicultural breakfast. Our group ended up choosing Germany for our country. This should be exciting since I lived there for part of my childhood, and I worked at a German restaurant for a few months. I'm pretty sure I like most German food... even the Reuben sandwich.

After class, I was so hungry because I had been thinking about food, so I stopped by Burger King to pick up a Croissant, and left to go babysit. I hadn't seen the kids in 6 weeks, which is FOREVER to me. It's amazing what changes can occur in that time span. Anna is talking even more than before, and has mastered the art of jumping. It's quite amusing. Nathan is taller, still growing like a weed. I love those kids so much. The thought of them moving makes me want to cry. :( I still have a few more months with them.

Afterwards, I rushed back to the apartment to get whatever I needed to do done for room check. I have an amazing roommate. She cooked dinner and everything. :) Then I rushed off to my Linguistics class, which is proving to be even more interesting than I thought. I have a lot of vocabulary to learn though... my study skills are going to be tested even more this semester.

So, anyways- today was a much better day than the previous ones. God has been hinting to me that He has it under control, and I really need to trust Him, even in the practical things, like a car. He clearly revealed to me that He has me in His hands.

Oh, and on a totally different note:
Please pray for me as I work up the courage to tell my dad that I want to go to Guatemala next Spring Break. There's a great opportunity for me next year, and I really want to go. I'd be working in the orphanages with the Guatemalan children, sharing the love of Christ to kids that don't feel like they matter to anyone.

No comments: