1/01/2007

Oh, 2007!

So every time I get to the end and beginning of a year, I tend to think about things. Things like what changes will occur, who I am/want to become, things I KNOW will happen (or at least am 98% sure of) and things I want to happen.

Here's what's made the list:

Changes that will occur/things I KNOW will happen...

1. New roommate and new apartment- I am excited about this because it's always fun to get to know another person and share those special times that only roomies usually share, such as cooking, laughing late in the night after late night talks, a drive off campus just cause you need it, etc. The new apartment will be fun because it's always fun to decorate somethings in a unique way! :)

2. Upper level English Classes- I'm going to read... a LOT! I'm excited. I know this won't always be the case when I'm up until 3 studying, but hey- it's the experience that is always fun to look back on. I get to learn, and what a privilege that is!

3. Taking summer school in SA- Wow.... I'm not too sure about this one but it has to happen. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time!

4. Finding a summer job in SA- I'm looking at things from retail all the way to working at a church again. We shall see what happens!

5. My dad coming home!! - He'll be on his 2 week leave in March, and home for good near the beginning of September. I am absolutely excited about this!!!

6. I'm sure there are other things I can't think of at the moment....

Who I am/Want to become...
Right now I am at a point in my life where I am realizing a lot of things about myself. I am a Christian that desires a deeper relationship with the Lord. I want to become so strong in my walk with Him, I want to memorize scripture more, I want to love Him and others more. I want to be a woman of God that, God willing, a godly man will be glad to call his wife one day. I want to shine more for my King. I want to be confident in the woman that He has created me to be.


This I want to happen...

I want to make better grades. I've been falling into the "more B's than A's" category lately... I want Children's Ministry to really be a place where the kids can learn about the Lord and have fun. I want the playground project for Children's Ministry to be successful. I want to develop deeper friendships.

I want a lot, right? I pray that the Lord's hand will be over all of these areas in my life. I pray that I will turn to Him during the good and hard times of this year. I pray that I will be a brighter light for Him. I pray that 2007 presents a time of growth for you as well!

Oh, and good for you for reading through all of this. Love y'all!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It's gonna be a great year!